ScienCell Research Laboratories is a biotechnology company whose mission is the research and development of cell and cell-related products for experimental and therapeutic use. Due to the rapid expansion of our business, we currently have new openings:
Research Scientist (molecular cell biology)
Responsibility includes: conduct and lead molecular cell biology projects such as gene expression analysis, cell-based assay, stem cell differentiation and 3D cell culture model. The candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience in molecular biology technique including cloning, primer design and gene expression analysis, genomic and proteomic profile construction, and primary mammalian cell engineering.
The successful candidate should have a PhD degree in life science or related field with minimum 2 years of postdoctoral work. Relevant industrial experience would be plus. Excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a goal and term-oriented setting, well developed organizational skills, the flexibility to manage several projects simultaneously and the ability to thrive under pressure are also required.
Associate Cell Biologist
Responsibilities include: We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated candidate with a positive attitude and strong work ethics to fill our associate cell biologist position in the Cell Production Department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, prepare human and animal primary cell culture, process cell purification, cell isolation, cell characterization and cell cryopreservation. Candidates should be familiar with general lab equipment and techniques such as microscope, centrifuge, immunocytochemistry and many others. General lab logistical skills such as record keeping, ordering supplies and ensuring general laboratory safety and cleanliness are also required. The successful candidate should have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in life science with two year full time academic or industry experience. Candidates must be willing to vary work schedule to accommodate company needs. It is very important to possess good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Research Scientist (Stem Cell Biology)
Responsibilities include: We are looking for a research scientist for our ongoing stem cell research project. Responsibility includes, but not limited to: ES and iPS cell generation, culture and differentiation; stem cell medium development; primary mammalian cell isolation, culture and characterization; research and development of cell culture model and general lab duties such as ordering supplies and general laboratory safety. The successful candidate should have master or PhD degree in life science, working in human ES or iPS cells for over two years and familiar with all the stem cell culture techniques. Must be willing to vary work schedule to accommodate company needs. Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a high degree of self motivation.
Research Scientist (cell-based assay development)
Responsibilities include: Conducts and leads cell-based assay project; familiar with primary mammalian cell culture and characterization; familiar with cell fraction and functional assay; develop, test, and validate novel reagents in the field of cell biology; cDNA construction, micro RNA profiling and general lab duties such as record keeping, ordering supplies and ensuring general laboratory safety and cleanliness. The successful candidate should have a master or PhD degree in life science with minimum 2 years of postdoctoral or relevant industrial experience. Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a high degree of self motivation.
Quality Assurance (QA) Associate
The QA Associate takes responsibility for the required Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), and all required licensing and certification for the Laboratory and its staff. The ideal candidate will assist in process improvement and process design to rigorously apply quality methods to comply with federal, local and company regulatory standards.
• Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are properly documented, approved, and updated according to requirements
• Work closely with company management team to ensure all aspects of the Quality Assurance process are completed within the accepted timeframe and according to division standards
• Maintain appropriate and secure files of laboratory documents and SOPs
• Assist with document control database updates, maintain manual documents for approval, promote active QA manual documents, and format QA Manual documents per requirements
• Coordinate ongoing maintenance of technical policies/procedures retained under document control
• Assist with maintaining equipment and calibrations on a timely basis
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline.
• Knowledge of cGMP, cGLP, FDA Quality System Regulations, ISO and Risk Management required.
• Over 2 year experience in the life science industry, especially in cell and molecular biology laboratory procedures.
• Familiarity with QC rules and their application within the laboratory, and knowledge of laboratory regulations and licensing requirements a must
• Experience with regulatory or licensure aspects of the life science industry
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and understanding of document control and databases
• Experience with Laboratory Information Systems is a plus
• Strong organizational skills to manage timelines, deliverables, resource demands, and conflicts
Salary commensurate with experience. ScienCell is committed to equal opportunity employment. Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance coverage, retirement plan and paid vacation.
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] or mail to:
ScienCell Research Laboratories
6076 Corte Del Cedro
Carlsbad, CA 92011
Attn: Human Resources